Home Based Business Insurance
WILL YOUR HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE COVER YOU WHEN…
• Your business equipment is stolen out of your vehicle? NO!
• You accidentally knock over the display next to you at an exhibition or show? NO!
• A power surge damages your computer and fax machine? NO!
• Someone steals your cash box? NO!
Nearly 60% of home based business owners do not have insurance. This is typically because they mistakenly believe their existing personal homeowners or renters insurance policy will cover any loss or damage to their business equipment, furniture and supplies in the event of fire, theft, car accident or other catastrophe, when in fact, those policies usually explicitly exclude coverage for any business exposures on their premises
You’re not home free with most homeowners policies. Imagine having your inventory or equipment stolen or damaged. Typical homeowners insurance will not cover this type of loss for people who run a small, side business out of their home. We are pleased to offer the perfect coverage for your in-home business: RLI’s Home Business Insurance policy.
What is Home Business Insurance?
Home based business policies are designed specifically to handle the business insurance needs of a business that is operated from an insured’s home by providing coverage for business personal property (equipment, inventory and supplies) and business-related liability exposures. In addition, a Home Business Insurance policy can provide coverage for lost income. Coverage provided includes losses or damage from business activities conducted at the insured’s home or off-site at another location. That means business property is protected while an insured is in transit and provides liability coverage when they are performing business-related activities at a craft show or someone else’s residence.
The RLI Home Business Insurance policy, offers coverage for more than 130 unique types of home businesses including coverage specifically designed for the home crafters, and hobbyists.
• Liability limits up to $1 million
• Satisfies most event or show liability requirements
• Business property protection up to $100,000 (with $250 deductible)
• Optional Coverages Include: Money & Securities, Garagekeepers, Unmanned Aircraft (state restrictions apply)
• Electronic data processing coverage (optional in CA & FL)
• Loss of income coverage
• Premiums starting as low as $150 annually
Does your business qualify?
RLI offers home insurance for more than 140 unique businesses that qualify for Home-based Business Insurance.
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from some of the Pacific Northwest's most trusted insurance carriers. It's comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.