Manufactured Home Insurance – Protecting Arizona, Idaho, Oregon & Washington
Is there a difference between manufactured and mobile homes?
You have likely heard both terms thrown around. Is a mobile home the same as a manufactured home? If you’re confused, you’re not alone. Most of us still use these two terms interchangeably when we refer to a housing unit on wheels.
The difference actually comes down to when the home was built. If the dwelling was built after 1976 and meets all federal rules for quality, durability, safety, and affordability, it is technically called a “manufactured home.” If it was built before 1976, it is technically called a “mobile home.” Many people still use the term “mobile home” when referring to a manufactured home.
Four Things You Need to Know:
1) Most manufactured home policies cover these main categories:
- Dwelling including tie-down equipment
- Personal Property
- Other Structures
- Personal Liability
2) Not all manufactured home policies provide the same coverage or will cover the same losses. Foremost mobile home insurance policies cover:
- Theft (Attempted or Actual Burglary)
- Falling Objects
- Water Damage to your home from bursting pipes
- Damage from ink, paint, dye, shoe, and nail polish
- Damage by wild or stray animals
- Damage caused by faulty blocks or jacks
- Collapse from the weight of ice and snow
3) Foremost manufactured home policies automatically include these important Extra Coverages:
- Additional living expenses to pay for you to live elsewhere while your home is rebuilt or repaired
- Trees, shrubs, plants, and lawns
- Debris removal
- Emergency Removal of home
- Credit card and check forgery
- Emergency Repairs after loss
- Fire department service charges
- Food Spoilage
4) Optional Coverages that can be added to a Foremost policy:
- Trip coverage- provides coverage for home while being moved
- Replacement cost on Personal Property- Receive the value of new for old to replace the property with no deduction for depreciation.
- Replacement cost coverage pays to replace the home with a new one without depreciation.
- Personal liability for additional residences- extends liability coverage to a second home or residence.
A & M Insurance Services, Inc. is here to help you find the right insurance for your manufactured home.
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from some of the Pacific Northwest's most trusted insurance carriers. It's comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.