Artisan & General Contractors Insurance

Thank you for your download Crediting authors is rewarding Please use the following credit line in your project: ID 108360554 © Katarzyna Bialasiewicz |

Protecting the contractors and artisans of Arizona, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington


A & M Insurance Services, Inc. recommends that all businesses including independent contractors and artisans have general liability coverage in place. We are licensed to write insurance in Washington, Arizona, Idaho, and Oregon.

Request a Quote from A&M Insurance

Give us a call at 425-228-7406 or, Click Here to request a call and one of our agents will be in touch shortly!

Why does an independent contractor or artisan need general liability insurance?

Like any other small business owner, general contractors, subcontractors and independent artisans such as carpenters, painters, plumbers, electricians, landscapers, boiler repair workers, and HVAC service technicians need general liability coverage to cover their liability exposures.

This commercial liability insurance is essential for independent artisans and contractors because:

It protects you and your business.  Independent artisans and contractors have the same legal obligations and liability exposures as larger businesses. They can be sued and held liable for damaging client property, causing bodily harm, or advertising injury. General liability insurance helps cover legal fees and the damages resulting from a lawsuit. Without insurance, you would have to pay out of pocket to defend yourself in court and to pay for damages.

Your clients want and may require you to have it. Your clients hiring you likely will require you to have general liability insurance before they will sign a contract with you. The reason is that without this insurance, your client could be held responsible for alleged wrongdoing or accidents caused by you or your work. A contractor or business hiring you as a subcontractor or artisan will also often require that they be added as an additional insured for the project to your insurance policy.

It may be required by law. Certain industries, such as construction, require independent contractors to carry general liability coverage.

A & M Insurance® is appointed to write with Contractors Bonding and Insurance Company (CBIC), an RLI company.  As a CBIC agent, we are happy to offer Contrac Pac which is designed for small and medium-sized general contractors and artisan’s residential and small commercial projects. It is a package policy that includes general liability coverage, bond,  property, and inland marine.  Inland marine coverage is intended for property that may be moving from location to location, property off premises at new locations, temporary locations, or work locations,

Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!

Access quotes from some of the Pacific Northwest's most trusted insurance carriers. It's comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.