Solutions for the Trucking Industry
Request a Quote from A&M Insurance
We offer commercial truck insurance for most types of trucks, including:
- Box trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Tank trucks
- Dump trucks
- Auto hauler trailers
- Garbage trucks
- Pickup trucks
- Flatbed trailers
- And many more.
Commercial Auto Liability
Commercial auto liability insurance is an important safeguard for your trucking business. If you or an employee is sued following a serious accident in a truck or vehicle, liability insurance helps protect your company’s assets by paying for court defense and damages done to others. A minimum amount of commercial auto liability insurance (or proof of financial responsibility) is required in most states. You need this protection if:
- Your business owns, leases, or rents any vehicles
- Employees drive company-owned, leased, or rented vehicles
- Employees drive their own vehicles while conducting business
- You or your employees drive company cars for both business and personal use
Truckers General Liability Insurance
For-Hire truckers and all motor carriers should consider purchasing Trucker’s General Liability. It pays for injuries or property damage you cause as a result of business activities not directly related to operating your truck. This type of insurance provides coverage for:
- Customers slipping/falling on your premises
- Actions of a driver while representing the insured and on the premises of others
- Erroneous delivery of products resulting in damage
- Libel and slander exposures
- Fire on rental property premises due to insured’s error
Motor Truck Cargo Insurance
Insurance for your freight or cargo. Freight is exposed to a variety of risks as it moves through different locations, trucks, and different terminals. Cargo insurance protects you from financial loss due to damaged or lost cargo. It pays you the amount you’re insured for if a covered event such as a natural disaster, vehicle accident, cargo abandonment, customs rejection, acts of war, or piracy happens to your cargo.
Open Cargo Insurance (Ocean Marine Cargo Insurance) insures your company’s shipments on set terms, conditions, and rates, without the need to contact your insurance agent or carrier each time your cargo is moved. This all-risk cargo policy for marine, air, and ground transportation is the broadest form of shipping insurance available.
Single Cargo Insurance provides coverage on a single shipment.
Non-Trucking Liability Insurance
Non-trucking liability insurance is coverage that protects you when you use your business truck for personal use. Since you are not driving for business purposes, there is no coverage provided for personal use under your trucker’s liability or business auto policy. Most motor carriers require non-trucking liability with owners/operators that sign a lease agreement. The agreement relieves the carrier of any financial responsibility while the trucker is off-duty driving the truck. You need Non-trucking Liability Insurance if:
- You drive your truck for non-commercial purposes
- Your motor carrier requires the insurance in a lease or other written agreement
- You want to avoid high liability expenses resulting from an accident
Commercial Auto Physical Damage Insurance
Commercial Auto Physical Damage Insurance covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged or stolen. Physical Damage Coverage comes in three forms:
- Collision coverage pays for physical and mechanical damage to your vehicle if it hits or is hit by an object or another vehicle, or when the vehicle is overturned. Collisions can occur between other cars or stationary objects.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for any losses to your covered vehicles that are not covered by collision coverage. Common causes of loss include theft, vandalism, flooding, fire, windstorm, hail, and hitting animals or falling objects.
- Specified Causes of Loss Coverage is a more limited version of comprehensive coverage. This coverage specifies the risks covered, rather than offering broad, all-risks coverage, and it is also generally less expensive, given the narrower scope of coverage. Causes of loss that are covered include fire, lightning, explosion, windstorm, hail, earthquake, flood, and vandalism.
As an Independent Agency, we offer coverage from multiple top-rated carriers.
One of our preferred carriers for Truck Insurance is Progressive. Progressive has been providing Commercial Truck Insurance for 50 years. They provide flexible coverage and payment options, free filings, and specialized heavy truck claims services.
Progressive Smart Haul® Program
Smart Haul® gives eligible for-hire truckers using an electronic logging device (ELD) the option to save a minimum of 5% on their Progressive commercial truck policy in exchange for permission to access their driving data. For more information and to find out if you’re eligible for the Smart Haul® program, call us and speak with one of our truck specialists today.
Request a Quote from A&M Insurance
Give us a call at 425-228-7406 or, Click Here to request a call and one of our agents will be in touch shortly!
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from some of the Pacific Northwest's most trusted insurance carriers. It's comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.