Insurance for your pipes
Many people don’t realize that water and sewer lines from their main shut off valve in their home to the city sewer connection are not covered under a standard homeowners policy. More bad news these pipes are not designed to last forever they all will eventually wear out & fail.
Sometimes the lines just get clogged, misaligned or experience root damage.
So how do you know if your water pipe has blown? Here are some common signs:
- Yard puddling – water main lines run under the ground and directly into your home; if a leak has developed in the area of your yard, the ground surrounding the leak will become saturated and the water will rise to the surface, creating very soggy areas or puddles.
- Very high water bill – if you notice a sudden, big increase in your home’s water bill and haven’t increased your water usage, you may have a water main leak.
- Significant decrease in water pressure – have you noticed that all the faucets and showerheads seem to have a lot less pressure when the water comes out? A significant drop in pressure means a leak has developed somewhere, and if the water pressure loss is across the board, then it’s likely to be a problem with the main water line to your home.
- Water discoloration – are you noticing that your water has become brown, or that dirt is in it? This can indicate that soil is getting into your water from a break somewhere in the water line.
- Water around the foundation of your home (slab) – if your home sits on a slab, and your main water line is embedded in the concrete of the slab, a leak can still develop. Because the pipe is encased, the leaking water may escape to the outside of the foundation, where it will puddle.
As a homeowner what can you do?
We at A &M Insurance® are happy to be able to offer you affordable Exterior Water & Sewer Line Coverage from the National Water Company .
Utility Line Coverage pricing
Utility Line Coverage Pricing for Washington Homeowners through the National Water Company These National Water Company Plans provide protection in the event of an unexpected water , sewer or exterior electrical line failure. Coverage is simple and easy to use with a 24/7 emergency response hot-line and ZERO deductible you receive fast, and efficient service […]
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from some of the Pacific Northwest's most trusted insurance carriers. It's comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.